Class is in session: Identity security 101
Providing fast, accurate access to digital resources for those who need it is essential for organizations to secure their business and gain a competitive edge. Yet enterprises are facing unprecedented security challenges with more sophisticated cyber threats and growing privacy regulations.
To help organizations on their identity journey, SailPoint recently published Identity security fundamentals: An introduction to identity security eBook, which defines what identity security is, why you need it, and how to get started.
This interactive eBook includes lessons and tips around:
The identity landscape
- The categories of identity security
- The difference between authentication and authorization
- Why access management alone is not enough
- How to control access for digital identities to your data and resources
- Provisioning access throughout the identity lifecycle
- Best practices for onboarding and offboarding
How to strengthen security
- The three controls that tighten security in identity and access management
- The six benefits to an organization in adopting a strong identity program
- How to manage risk using identity security
How to assess your maturity
- The seven best practices for identity security
- The two critical controls of a mature program
- The role of artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML) in identity security
Whether you are new to identity security or just looking for a quick refresher, this eBook will review the fundamentals of identity security and how identity security best protects critical assets and systems from cyberattacks and helps organizations ensure regulatory compliance.
To learn more, download the Identity security fundamentals eBook.