With the end of the year upon us and next year’s planning in full swing, many organizations are going through an extensive security evaluation. Now is a good time to pause and assess if your organization is feeling well-prepared to mitigate the risks and unknown challenges that will be upon us next year. With many data breaches occurring due to compromised user accounts, which stem from lax or unimplemented governance controls, many organizations are taking a good hard look at their current identity implementation to determine their security confidence level.
If you were to evaluate your current identity program and technologies, including access management and identity governance solutions, and assign them a grade from ‘A’ to ‘F’ (A being the best and F needing some serious improvement), what grade would they receive? You might be quick to come up with an initial grade; but before you do that, I invite you to put some deep thought into this evaluation process.
A good starting point might be to ask yourself what the initial intent was when implementing your identity solution. What problems or challenges were you having that you were looking to address, and has your current solution been able to meet these challenges?
Here are a few additional questions for you to ponder:
• Has your identity vendor met their intended ROI targets?
• Are you facing the daunting task of upgrading to a newer version, while still not having fully implemented the previous one?
• Does your current solution have the flexibility to be deployed how you want it such as via the cloud, your own data center, hosted from AWS or Azure, or managed by an MSP…without compromising on functionality?
• Can you govern user (human and bots) access to all your applications, systems and data across your hybrid environment?
• What is your vendor’s current response times and customer satisfaction ratings?
If the grade you gave your current implementation is not leaving you feeling completely confident, then it may be time for you to consider a new approach. Whether it’s a legacy system your trying to upgrade, or even a current solution you’re still struggling to fully deploy, you may be in the midst of an ‘identity crisis’ if you’re not getting the return on investment you need and if there are gaps leaving your organization at risk.
Changing to a new identity governance solution may seem like a difficult choice to make. However, it may not be as difficult as you think after you consider the immediate improvements your security and compliance program can experience, as well as the cost savings realized, by using a solution that is optimized for your business.
This is why the leaders in identity have teamed up to address this need. Together SailPoint and Okta provide best-in-class, integrated identity governance and access management that enables a secure and compliant digital transformation journey, providing the convenience of unified access and single sign-on with the needed control of identity governance.
As the industry pioneers, we have helped hundreds of enterprise organizations migrate from their current legacy identity solutions and embrace new frontiers and technologies as they chart their identity course. Some of the key benefits you can gain from migrating to SailPoint include:
•Govern all your digital identities, across your hybrid applications and data, through your deployment of choice including SaaS, public cloud, data center or managed service
• Speed to deployment and fast time to value. Yes, I’m sure you were told this before but SailPoint is built to simplify the deployment with flexible and configurable options to address specific identity-based needs.
• Connect and govern access to hundreds of applications and resources with our “out of the box” connectivity such as Workday, SFDC, SAP, and Epic to name just a few.
Create a secure and unified identity-driven ecosystem, by integrating with other identity and security technology partners including Okta Access Management.
Add all of that along with our 12 years of focus and industry experience, market leadership and our customer retention rating of 95%+ and you have a clear path.
Now is the time to assess your current identity solution and get your identity strategy back on track!
Learn why hundreds of organizations have moved over to SailPoint’s Identity Governance solution. To schedule, a free consultation and personalized demonstration contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Until then, check out these resources on our combined SailPoint and Okta solutions: