Forrester Names SailPoint a Leader in Identity Governance
At SailPoint, we are incredibly passionate about addressing our customers’ challenges, delivering an innovative, best-in-class solution to meet and exceed customer needs. Today, we believe Forrester validated our customer-centric approach to innovation by naming SailPoint, a leader in The Forrester Wave™ Identity Management and Governance, Q3 2018.
We are extremely proud of our evaluation in the Forrester Wave this year, receiving the highest possible score in 20 of the 26 criteria. Based on our consistently strong evaluation in reports like the Forrester Wave, it is clear to us that SailPoint is the de facto innovator and leader in identity today.
According to the Forrester report, SailPoint’s Open Identity Platform:
- It received the highest score possible in the administration criterion defined as being “more functional, easier, more intuitive, and simpler.”
- It received the highest score possible in the identity analytics criterion defined as “[providing] the broadest range of analytical capabilities, including risk algorithms, machine learning, and correlation.”
- It received the highest score possible in the deployment options criterion defined as “[Supporting] an exceptional amount of deployment options for its Identity Management Governance (IMG) solution, including but not limited to on-premises, virtual appliance, private cloud infrastructure, public SaaS and managed services offering. Reference customers cited the deployment options as a compelling advantage.”• It received the highest score possible in the IMG strategy and vision criterion defined as being “ exceptional compared to other vendors included in this evaluation and is well aligned with the future direction in the IMG market, including support for new AI-based analytics and cloud delivery models.”
The report also noted in SailPoint’s profile that:
- “SailPoint underwent a successful IPO in late 2017 and has continued to execute against its IMG vision and strategy.”
- SailPoint “has a well-established global customer base across multiple verticals and a broad partner ecosystem.”
This is a welcome recognition by Forrester of our continued commitment to driving the identity governance market forward, innovating every single day. And this is even more critical for customers today as our world continues to evolve in some pretty dramatic ways. For example, the sheer definition of a user is not what it was even a year ago. Now, enterprises must think of a user as both human and non-human (i.e., software bots, including Robotic Automation Processes) and be able to properly govern both types of users and their access to all systems (on-prem and cloud) and all data (structured and unstructured). This is a huge shift in the market, and identity solutions must not only keep pace but anticipate these shifts before they leave their mark. During our tenure in this industry, our customers have come to depend on SailPoint to stay on the leading edge of these shifts, and we have always risen to the occasion.