What is IDaaS?
Identity-as-a-service, or IDaaS, is an application delivery model (like software-as-a-service, or SaaS) that allows users to connect to and use identity management services from the cloud.
Also referred to as cloud-based identity governance, the shift to deploy IDaaS began several years ago and was led by companies with a “cloud first” IT adoption strategy.
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is the usage of online computer power, database storage and other IT resources to improve and speed up business processes.
What are Examples of IDaaS?
Single Sign-on (SSO)
Single sign-on (SSO) is an authentication service allowing a user to access multiple applications and sites using one set of credentials.
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
MFA gives enterprises advanced security and authentication controls using an organization’s preferred MFA solution provider. MFA vendors who have certified their solutions for use with this new framework include Duo, RSA and Microsoft.
Identity and access management is a specialty discipline within cybersecurity designed to ensure only the right people can access the appropriate data and resources — at the right times and for the right reasons.
When a worker is assigned a role through your system, they’re automatically provisioned access with our role-based identity management solution. If that worker changes roles or leaves the organization, their access is adjusted or removed immediately.
How can SailPoint help you comply with CCPA?
Our open cloud identity governance platform makes it easy for you to stay compliant by seeing and controlling access to all your apps and data for every user, including bots.
Why is Cloud-based Identity Governance Critical to Security?
The right cloud-based identity governance solution can help your organization effectively address today’s complex business challenges, balancing three critical objectives:
- Deliver access services efficiently and cost-effectively. By providing self-service access request tools and provisioning, IDaaS can streamline the delivery of user access across your organization while continuously enforcing governance rules and compliance policies. It also empowers business users to manage their own access and passwords, thereby reducing the workload on help desk and IT operations teams.
- Protect against internal and external security threats. Effectively securing the enterprise requires quick identification of potential exposures, such as inappropriate access, policy violations, and unsecured data and applications. The right IDaaS solution can help enterprises proactively detect and remediate inappropriate access, strengthen password policy, and eliminate risks such as orphan or rogue accounts.
- Meet regulatory compliance requirements around security and privacy. IDaaS can help your organization replace expensive paper-based and manual access reviews and certifications with automated tools. Not only can you significantly reduce the cost of compliance for regulations such as GDPR, you can also establish repeatable practices for a more consistent, auditable, and easier-to-manage access certification effort.
The Power of Identity from the Cloud
The right cloud-based identity governance solution will help you manage and control access across your entire organization. By leveraging a unified system to manage access to both on-premises and cloud-based resources, you can stay in control of identity no matter where an application is deployed:
- See everything. Identity governance solutions must be able to connect to all enterprise systems, from the legacy applications that have been in use for years, to the SaaS applications being adopted today. They must provide visibility into all the information about an identity, across all the applications an enterprise uses, all the data they have and across all users – no matter where they are located or what devices they may use.
- Govern everything. Organizations need to know who should have access, who does have access, and what users are doing with their access to all applications and data. This requires the ability to define a desired state and continually assess where access is not aligned with the model.
- Empower everyone. Let business users work how they like to work, wherever they are and on whatever device they use. Empowering users to manage access, while balancing the security and risk management needs of the organization, enables organizations to safely increase collaboration both inside and outside the network.
How does our open cloud identity governance platform help your business?
We make it possible for you to see and control access to all apps and data for all users, including non-human ones like bots.