Free Webinar Will Help Energy Companies Achieve Auditable Compliance with the Regulations
North American energy producers and distributors face a looming challenge – to become “auditably compliant” with the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) reliability standards by July 1st, 2010. Complying with the CIP standards, which place stringent requirements on companies to document and demonstrate compliance, can be a daunting task unless companies put the right people, processes, and technology in place. To help energy companies better understand and address these challenges, SailPoint is hosting a live webinar with Michael Rasmussen of Corporate Integrity.
- What: Live Webinar, “Achieving Auditable Compliance with NERC CIP Reliability Standards”
- When: Wednesday, February 10 at 11 a.m. ET/10 a.m. CT
- Where: Register online.
During the webinar, Rasmussen and SailPoint will review the NERC CIP standards, explain what is needed and outline the critical role identity governance plays in achieving the next level of compliance. They will share a case study of an energy delivery company that has successfully aligned access controls to business policy and implemented automated controls to lower its compliance costs and improve its risk posture.
Webinar attendees will learn how to:
- Run a risk-based assessment to identify and focus security and access controls on the organization’s most critical resources;
- Implement processes to ensure that access privileges are correct and appropriate to personnel roles and responsibilities, including access certifications, access request approvals, and access policy enforcement;
- Achieve auditable compliance with NERC CIP standards leveraging an automated and repeatable process for risk management;
- Engage the key players in the organization and provide the right level of information they need to effectively participate in the process; and
- Build a sustainable, risk-based approach to NERC compliance using identity governance technology.
- SailPoint has also published a whitepaper, “A New Approach to Meeting NERC CIP Reliability Standard,” which details how companies can build a cost-effective, risk-based approach to NERC CIP compliance and explains how SailPoint IdentityIQ helps to achieve “auditable compliance” without burdening the business with excessive costs.
SailPoint, a leader in identity management, helps the world’s largest organizations to mitigate risk, reduce IT costs and ensure compliance. The company’s award-winning software, SailPoint IdentityIQ™, provides superior visibility into and control over user access to sensitive applications and data while streamlining the access request and delivery process. As the industry’s first business-oriented identity governance suite, IdentityIQ quickly delivers tangible results with risk-aware compliance management, closed-loop user lifecycle management, flexible provisioning, an integrated governance model, and identity intelligence. Visit www.sailpoint.com to learn more.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]