AUSTIN, Texas, July 12, 2010 – SailPoint announced today that Tesco Bank, the UK’s most successful supermarket bank, has selected SailPoint IdentityIQ™ as its identity governance solution to support information security and compliance programs within the bank. The selection forms part of Tesco Bank’s migration programme from The Royal Bank of Scotland to its own systems and platforms after it acquired the 50% RBS shareholding of Tesco Bank in 2008.
Tesco Bank is now fully owned by Tesco plc and has more than six million customers. It offers a range of financial services including personal savings, loans and insurance and is also one of the UK’s largest credit card providers.
Tesco Bank will be using IdentityIQ to help manage its information security, ensuring that it has appropriate access controls in place to safeguard sensitive data held across the bank’s 28 products and services. The identity governance solution will support regular automated reviews to ensure that authorized employees and third parties only have the access required for their role and that access to customer data files can be tracked and monitored. The company will also use IdentityIQ to proactively monitor and manage risk associated with identity data.
“As with most financial institutions, Tesco Bank is subject to stringent corporate and government regulations,” said Kevin Cunningham, president and co-founder of SailPoint. “IdentityIQ allows companies to ensure the necessary IT controls are in place to protect the integrity of their IT systems, prevent unauthorized access to customer data and achieve and maintain compliance. With IdentityIQ, customers like Tesco Bank can streamline and automate their identity governance processes while minimizing the IT investments required for compliance.”
- Tesco Bank is the UK’s largest supermarket bank. Since its launch in 1997, it has grown to have over six million customer accounts across 28 financial products and services.
- The bank’s principal activities are: general insurance – motor, home, pet and travel; credit cards and personal loans; personal savings; Tesco Compare and a network of cash machines (ATMs).
- Tesco Bank sells its products through multiple channels including in-store, by telephone and online.
- Tesco Bank is fully-owned by Tesco plc.
- Tesco Bank is a trading name of Tesco Personal Finance plc. Registered in Scotland No. 173199. Registered Address: Interpoint Building, 22 Haymarket Yards, Edinburgh, EH12 5BH
SailPoint, a leader in identity management, helps the world’s largest organizations to mitigate risk, reduce IT costs and ensure compliance. The company’s award-winning software, SailPoint IdentityIQ™, provides superior visibility into and control over user access to sensitive applications and data while streamlining the access request and delivery process. As the industry’s first business-oriented identity governance suite, IdentityIQ quickly delivers tangible results with risk-aware compliance management, closed-loop user lifecycle management, flexible provisioning, an integrated governance model, and identity intelligence. Visit www.sailpoint.com to learn more.