SailPoint IdentityIQ 6.0 “Consumerizes” the Business User Experience
San Diego (GARTNER CATALYST CONFERENCE 2012), August 20, 2012 – Continuing to drive innovation in the identity management market, SailPoint today announced a major release of SailPoint IdentityIQ. With IdentityIQ 6.0, SailPoint once again raises the bar for the business user experience by introducing easy-to-use, consumer-level features to further accelerate the active participation of business users in managing access while reducing their IT risk and meeting stricter compliance requirements. IdentityIQ 6.0 provides the enterprise-class identity and access controls that the world’s largest organizations require and a user experience as simple and easy to use as a consumer application that business users demand.
“Business user involvement is critical to the success of an enterprise security and compliance strategy and user experience is a key to ensuring organizations get active, ongoing, participation,” said Ian Glazer, research vice president and agenda manager at Gartner. “Once deployed, identity and access governance solutions can improve the experience of business users. As those tools evolve to more closely mirror the user experience that consumer-focused technologies provide, it will be even easier for organizations to achieve widespread participation from business managers.”
IdentityIQ, which is currently being used by hundreds of the world’s largest organizations, is a proven enterprise-grade identity management solution that scales to support thousands of business users at a single time. New features in IdentityIQ 6.0 designed to provide an enhanced, consumer-like experience for the multiples of business users being asked to participate in an organization’s compliance and security efforts include:
- Google-like Keyword: Powerful relevance-based search and predictive analytics eliminate the guesswork for business users, allowing them to very quickly pinpoint the right access privileges in the IdentityIQ access catalog helping guide them to the right roles or entitlements to request.
- Affinity Search: Building on IdentityIQ’s ecommerce shopping functionality that mimics an online retail experience, business users can now “shop” for access privileges based on what other colleagues or groups of colleagues have, in a policy-controlled and risk-aware environment. This removes a significant administrative burden on IT while still ensuring that access privileges are in line with corporate policy.
- Activity-centric Dashboard: IdentityIQ 6.0’s robust dashboard transforms how business users manage access with one-click entry into access request, password management and compliance activities and with new “visual alerts” which highlight actions that need to be taken, including approvals, policy alerts and certification notifications. Business users can easily personalize their IdentityIQ dashboard to enhance their user experience.
- Advanced Business Intelligence Capabilities: A new report designer with more sophisticated charting and graphing capabilities delivers business users a customized reporting experience based on ready-to-use report templates. Additionally, IdentityIQ 6.0 expands support for “direct connect” options to the IdentityIQ data store, which allows organizations to leverage external business intelligence tools on top of IdentityIQ’s rich data model.
- Expanded SaaS Application Support: To help IT support the growing business demand for software-as-a-service (SaaS) offerings, IdentityIQ 6.0 extends existing compliance and provisioning processes to the cloud with the addition of new SaaS connectors, including: Amazon AWS, Box.net, Exchange Online, GotoMeeting, Office 365, NetSuite, ServiceNow, SharePoint Online, and WebEx.
“IdentityIQ 6.0 continues SailPoint’s tradition of out-innovating the market in a way that delivers immediate value to our customers,” said Paul Trulove, vice president of product marketing at SailPoint. “From its inception, SailPoint’s risk-based approach to identity management recognized that IT organizations and business users need to collaborate in order to successfully manage identity-related concerns across the enterprise. SailPoint was the first solution to market that made it easier for business users to participate in what was historically a very technical process. With 6.0, we’re once again pushing the boundaries as we address the new challenges that the ‘consumerization of IT’ is presenting to our customers.”
Continuing its commitment to industry standards, several of IdentityIQ 6.0’s capabilities utilize the new SCIM specification, including an upgraded Cloud Gateway that enables the secure, highly reliable exchange of identity and access data no matter where that data resides – whether on-premises or in the cloud. This gives organizations the flexibility to manage all identity and access data within a single, centralized governance platform. SailPoint IdentityIQ will be available in September 2012.
SailPoint, the market-leading provider of identity management solutions, helps the world’s largest organizations mitigate risk, reduce IT costs and ensure compliance. The company’s innovative solutions, SailPoint IdentityIQ and SailPoint AccessIQ, provide superior visibility into and control over user access to sensitive applications and data, both on-premises and in the cloud. SailPoint’s product suite provides customers a unified solution for risk-aware compliance management, closed-loop user lifecycle management, flexible provisioning, cloud access management, and identity intelligence – all based on an integrated governance model. Founded in 2005, the company is headquartered in Austin, Texas, and has offices in Germany, Great Britain, Singapore, India, Israel and the Netherlands. For more information, please visit www.sailpoint.com.