The Power of Identity 2
Stephen Covey, author of “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People”, once wrote “interdependent people combine their own efforts with the efforts of others and achieve their greatest success” I love that quote and how it conveys when two or more forces are combined, the whole will be greater than the sum of its parts. That’s the essence of technology partnerships.
Last week SailPoint and Okta announced their strategic partnership to deliver end-to-end identity for today’s modern heterogeneous enterprise. Over the years, I have had the opportunity to talk to many organizations about their digital transformation journey and the challenges associated with opening up their organizational borders to outside users, moving to the cloud, implementing BYOD and IoT and the need to provide simple, secure user access, control and IT efficiency across on-premises, cloud and hybrid environments.
Such digital transformation innovations are necessary for today’s organizations to gain a competitive advantage as they grow, expand and innovate in today’s fast-paced environment. However, this can also increase exposure to cyber threats and risks that can directly impact a company’s data, reputation, and credibility.
So how does today’s modern enterprise enable efficiencies without compromising on security or compliance? Identity. With the traditional network perimeter now being porous, organizations are leveraging the power of identity to secure and control access to all applications, systems, and data.
This is why the SailPoint and Okta strategic partnership announcement is so exciting. It brings the two respective leaders in identity access and governance together and empowers organizations with a proven and integrated identity solution. It delivers both the convenience of secure authentication and the control of authorized access to ensure anyone on your network is only able to access the applications, systems, and data they need to successfully do their job.
Realizing the True Power of Identity
As organizations embark on bringing these two market-leading solutions together, they will quickly realize the technological synergies gained by this partnership, which include:
- Enabling secure, single sign-on and adaptive multi-factor authentication from Okta coupled with SailPoint’s identity governance to allow users to seamlessly authenticate while governing access to any platform or application, on-premises or in the cloud.
- Automating access and governance controls to more easily manage the demands of today’s dynamic and mobile workforce from on-boarding throughout the user’s access lifecycle.
- Empowering employees with centralized access to any application, any data, from any device, including cloud, hybrid and on-premises, when they need it, providing the required visibility and control.
- Reducing overall IT costs by automating identity processes that consume IT resources such as onboarding, password resets, and access requests eliminating the need for help desk tickets or calls.
- Enabling comprehensive control and visibility of who has access to what, from identities to accounts to entitlements thus maintaining a secure user experience.
- Securing access and application provisioning according to established business policies enforcing compliance requirements allowing an access audit trail of every identity in your organization; to demonstrate compliance with confidence and ease.
This partnership with Okta is a great example of SailPoint’s open identity platform which enables enterprise organizations to put identity governance at the center of their security and IT operations, whether on-premises or in the cloud. This identity ecosystem of technology and service partners enables organizations to holistically integrate their entire security and IT infrastructure to become identity aware. By opening the identity governance platform, enterprises now have access to actionable, accurate identity data that can be combined with, or acted upon by other critical security technologies. An identity-aware infrastructure is essential for today’s enterprise that must proactively address security risks and compliance needs, while still effectively meeting the strategic needs of the business.
As organizations take advantage of this partnership they will come to find and benefit from the synergies and power that come from two market leaders working together to deliver a best-in-class identity solution to address their digitally transforming landscape.