Sailing into the Future of IAM
In case you haven’t seen the press release, today SailPoint announced that Thoma Bravo has entered into an agreement to make a significant equity investment in SailPoint. Thoma Bravo is one of the most successful technology investment firms in the world, and has been providing support to promising businesses and their management teams since 1980.
This investment is a huge endorsement for SailPoint’s market position, our track record of success, and the incredible opportunity that lies ahead of us. Perhaps even more importantly, it is a well-deserved recognition of the hard work and dedication of our entire team. Over the last eight years, our team has accomplished a lot to be proud of:
- We revolutionized the IAM industry by introducing a risk-based approach to IAM, and a business-oriented solution;
- We pioneered the identity governance market, then expanded into the provisioning market – taking more than 100 customers from the legacy vendors along the way;
- Not wanting to rest on our laurels, we built the industry’s first enterprise-grade IDaaS solution;
- We were named the fastest growing IAM company on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500; and
- We’ve grown to a team of 350 of the smartest, most engaging people in the industry, with 11 offices globally.
Of course, our customers were critical to our success at every point – sharing feedback on our solutions, offering advice and best practices to each other, and providing countless success stories along the way. Thanks to our team’s commitment to innovation, and our laser focus on customers, we recently reported double-digit growth and record operating profitability. In short, we’ve been on a great run.
And, while SailPoint had emerged as the market leader and was poised for the next stage of our company’s evolution, Thoma Bravo was looking to partner with a market leader like us, who was looking to aggressively grow their product offerings and expand their geographical and client reach. We couldn’t be more excited about the partnership, and are looking forward to what the future holds.
Of course, for our customers and partners, it’s “business as usual” at SailPoint. While this investment is a major milestone for SailPoint and opens up future opportunities, it will not change day-to-day operations. Our promise to the market has not changed: we are committed to the ongoing success of our customers and partners, as we drive the IAM market forward by delivering innovative solutions to the market.
On behalf of the entire SailPoint crew, thank you for your support thus far in our journey – we are looking ahead to all that the future holds as we drive the IAM market forward!