Real-World Examples: Helping Customers with Provisioning Replacements
With both Sun Identity Manager (aka Oracle Waveset) and BMC Control-SA reaching end-of-life (EOL) at the end of 2014, hundreds of companies around the world are anxious about their next step. Migrating from one provisioning solution to another is not to be taken lightly – especially after years of time and money have been invested in making it fit organizational structures and processes and connect to the required resources across the enterprise.
While the choices ahead are not easy, the clock is ticking. It’s imperative that organizations affected by the end-of-life status of these products, quickly decide on a plan of action to avoid any business disruption. The important thing to keep in mind is that migrating to a new solution provides an opportunity to implement a more modern, flexible provisioning solution that can cost less over time and tackle additional identity and access challenges beyond access delivery.
Over the past year, we’ve been working with many Global 500 companies to help them migrate seamlessly from these legacy provisioning systems to a next-gen governance-based IAM solution, IdentityIQ. Here are just a few examples of ways we’ve been able to assist customers migrate their provisioning solutions successfully, delivering immediate value to the business and adding in new functionality at the same time – all for a lower total cost of ownership:
- Tackle Provisioning Needs while Incorporating Governance: Faced with the eminent EOL of Sun IdM, this digital marketing solution provider migrated forward to IdentityIQ in order to implement provisioning and identity governance in a unified IAM solution. With IdentityIQ, they are now able to meet compliance requirements and provision reliable, secure access for 16,000 employees, contractors and vendors around the world.
- Deploy Provisioning to 424 Apps for 100,000 employees in Less than 12 Months: This global financial services firm expedited their Sun IdM migration, and in less than a year, they leveraged IdentityIQ to manage access privileges for more than 100,000 users and 424 applications. The company uses IdentityIQ to process more than 2,000 password changes and 4,000 provisioning requests daily.
- Address Today’s Identity Management Needs while Preparing for Tomorrow’s demands: By replacing their Sun IdM implementation with IdentityIQ, this credit agency has been able to address their immediate provisioning needs while implementing a sustainable approach to identity governance. With IdentityIQ, the company has seen a significant reduction in audit errors and dramatically reduced the time spent on access certifications – resulting in greater efficiency and improved access controls across the enterprise.
- Improve Access Requests by Implementing Governance Controls: This oil and gas company implemented role-based access request and provisioning to over 10,000 employees to replace BMC Control-SA. After migrating to IdentityIQ, they processed 1,200 access requests the first week and decreased average time to fulfill requests from a week to 2 hours – with many being completed in 20 minutes.
- Simplify IAM Implementation for Cost Savings: This electric utility company implemented IdentityIQ to replace BMC Control-SA in order to move forward to a next-generation IAM product that combined provisioning and compliance into a single product. The company has seen immediate cost savings from automating provisioning, de-provisioning and compliance processes.
If you’d like to learn more about how SailPoint customers are achieving success, we have a series of case studies on our website that detail various identity management best practices.
If you are one of the hundreds of customers impacted by the Sun or BMC end-of-life, and are currently planning your migration strategy, contact us today.